Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Johnny Cash meets Barry Manilow

I analyzed our end of the month cash flow budget at lunch today.  Despite all the heartache and misery, we will finish the month well within our budget.

$16 bucks, baby.  $16 bucks.

 It made me happy.  It made me really happy.  Like "buying groceries for a day at the beach day" happy.  And it made me want to sing.  


Two singers came to mind.  The first was Barry Manilow.

I spent the entire ride home singing out loud with the windows up.  "Looks like we made it.  La la la la fall la la.  Looks like me made it.  Fa la la...."

Then I decided that not knowing the words kind of cheapened the experience.  So I switched to Johnny Cash.
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine

I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I walk the line.

By simply changing one word in the first sentenance, it makes perfect sense.  

I walk the line!  
Keeping a close watch on this budget of mine.
My eyes wide open all the time
La, la, la.

My two cents:  celebrate the month end victory with singing - it may be offkey, but it is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment